UK Working Holidaymaker Visa for Young Commonwealth Citizen.
If you are Commonwealth Citizen aged between 17 to 30, you can come to the UK for 2 years under Working Holidaymaker Visa to live and work in the UK.

   Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
Home | About Us | Services | Why Join | Partners | Forums | Directory | FAQ | Login | Contact Us
 ~ Home
 ~ HSMP Initial Application
 ~ HSMP Points Calculator
 ~ HSMP Extension
 ~ Extension Calculator
 ~ HSMP Programme Site
 ~ Download HSMP Forms
 ~ HSMP Booklet
 ~ Other UK Visas
 ~ Refer A Friend
 ~ Bookmark this Site
 ~ Help
Free HSMP Newsletter
To get regular updates to HSMP policies and our Services, subscribe to our newsletter
Name :
Email :
  Working Holidaymaker Scheme  
  The working holidaymaker scheme is an arrangement whereby a person aged between 17 and 30 (inclusive) can come to the United Kingdom for an extended holiday for up to two years, with the intention of taking paid work here as a part of his working holiday.

How do I qualify as a working holidaymaker?

You are eligible for entry clearance as a working holidaymaker if:
you are a Commonwealth citizen, British Dependent Territories citizen or British Overseas citizen;

you are aged 17 to 30 (inclusive);

you want to come to the United Kingdom for an extended holiday, with the intention of taking paid work here as part of your holiday;

you are single or are married to a person who also qualifies for and plans to take a working holiday at the same time as you;

you do not have any dependent children who are aged five years or over, or who will be five before you complete your holiday;

you can support and accommodate yourself without help from public funds;

you can pay for your onward or return journey; and

you plan to leave the United Kingdom at the end of your holiday.
You must get entry clearance as a working holidaymaker before you travel to the United Kingdom.

How long can I stay?

You can only stay in the United Kingdom for two years as a working holidaymaker. We will count any time you spend outside the United Kingdom during that period as part of the two years.

What type of work can I do?

There are no restrictions on the type of paid work you can do. You may do any paid work you choose, for as long as you want while you are here, but you should still intend to take a holiday during your stay. (You may also engage in unpaid voluntary work that meets the terms of the National Minimum Wage exemption for voluntary workers.)

What is entry clearance?

Entry clearance is a visa or entry clearance certificate that you are given so that you can travel to the United Kingdom. You must apply for entry clearance to the British Embassy, High Commission or other British Diplomatic Mission (known as British Diplomatic Posts) in the country where you live.

You can get advice about which British Diplomatic Posts can issue entry clearance from any British Diplomatic Post abroad.

Can I extend my stay as a Work Permit holder?

You can apply to extend your stay as a Work Permit holder if:

You have been in the United Kingdom for more than 12 months as a working holidaymaker; and

You meet the work permit criteria in full.
Save 10 on Courier Charge
Receive your original documents
back from the HSMP Team
through courier and SAVE £10!
Please click here
What HSMP Members say...
How I wish such a site was available when I applied for HSMP and came to UK under HSMP! Till before two days of our departure for the UK, we were not sure about where we will go when we land and if there would be any one to receive us at the airport. It was really a time of a lot of stress for us. Fortunately for us some friends of friends helped us, but I am sure not all of us are so lucky and HSMP Services will be able to help those who need such support.   More...
HSMP Seminar near you
It is suggsted that we arrange HSMP Seminar in cities near you.
Would you be interested?
Privacy | Disclaimer | Home | Press Release | Newsletters | Contact Us | HSMP Blog | Courier Facility
  © 2003 - HSMP Services Limited - Registered in England No. 4946203
Designed and developed by Regent Resources (UK) Ltd.